LitLangGroup1011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guilt in Chapter 9

2 posters

Go down

Guilt in Chapter 9 Empty Guilt in Chapter 9

Post  EllaSimpson Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:03 am

Page 91 ' this was Hassan's final sacrifice for me'

Amir acknowledges how Hassan has been loyal, and has given up everything for Amir. It is a declarative sentence, and uses the modifier 'final' to emphasis the sacrifice Hassan is making. The quote refers to The Bible and uses the personal pronoun ‘me’.

Page 92 ' I wanted to tell them all that I was the snake in the grass, I was the monster in the lake.'

Amir shows his feeling of guilt, and uses two metaphors to express himself. The repetition of 'I' tells the reader that he is looking at himself, and is aware of the wrong he has done. He uses an asyndetic list to show that there’s no limit to how low he is, but the reader knows he is a coward as he says ' I wanted to tell them'.

Page 91 ' Then I knocked on Baba's door and told what I hoped would be the last in a long line of shameful lies.'

EllaSimpson

Back to top Go down

Guilt in Chapter 9 Empty Re: Guilt in Chapter 9

Post  Admin Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:15 am

This is a generally successful linguistic analysis, with some detailed developed in analysing individual words. Well done.

Aim: increase the detail of your analysis so you are covering features at word, sentence and whole text level.

Show awareness of the whole text by developing links across the whole narrative.

Admin
Admin

http://llg1011.freeforumshosting.org

Back to top Go down